1) The FBI case agent is BJ Kang 212 384 2040
2) The FBI victim assistance program is looking for people; Laura Riso; email@example.com 212 384 2564; She emailed me: “If there are any other Madoff investors that wish to have their information included in the Victim Notification System, a joint system between the FBI and United States Attorney’s Office, kindly please advise them to send their name, address, phone number, and any supporting documents that show they were a victim in the Madoff case to:
Attn: Victim Assistance Program
26 Federal Plaza
NY, NY 10278
Here are some links as well:
http://www.ojp.usdoj.gov/ovc/publications/infores/fraud/rrr/rrrpdf.pdf (very good handbook for financial fraud victims navigating the federal criminal justice system)
http://apps.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/p1546.pdf (Taxpayer Advocacy Services)”
3) Many lawyers have announced that they are taking the case, including:
Jerry Kremer 516-663-6600
Alan Cosner 732-937-8000 (former IRS agent)
Steven Weiss 212 584 0700
Brad Friedman 212 594 5300
There are many others, you should work with a professional on this matter and you should select one carefully, including considering the position of who else they represent. The inclusion of the above names do not constitute a recommendation.
It’s going to take some time to figure out what money is left, if any. Regulators are trying to figure out where the money is/went.
4) Irving Picard has been appointed Trustee for the Liquidation of BMIS per SIPA. Links to orders at http://www.madoff.com
Also see sipc.org
5) A new docket blog: http://madoffdocket.blogspot.com/
It will have all the docket information updated daily.